Romaine Lettuce 350g
In Stock Unavailable
(Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 206): divided by 0% off)
Spend more to get free shipping!
Congratulations! You've got Free Shipping
Estimated Delivery Between and .
Sturdy, crunchy, and packed with nutrition, romaine lettuce is a hearty salad green. Also known as cos lettuce, romaine lettuce is known for its nutritional benefits and savory, yet neutral taste.
It’s also low in calories, sugar, and carbohydrates and high in vitamins and minerals.
Although it’s low in fiber, it’s high in minerals, such as calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium. It’s naturally low in sodium. Plus, romaine lettuce is packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate. It’s a good source of beta carotene, which converts into vitamin A in the body.
The nutrients in romaine lettuce provide multiple health benefits:
- Vitamin C helps support the immune system, is high in antioxidants, and helps keep bones and teeth strong.
- Calcium is necessary for the building and maintenance of bones, muscle function, nerve function, and blood clotting.
- Vitamin K is also necessary for blood clotting. It works together with calcium to prevent bone mineral loss and fractures due to osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A (from beta carotene) is a vital nutrient, necessary for health. An antioxidant, vitamin A supports cell growth and reproductive health. It also helps to maintain the heart, kidneys, and lungs. Vitamin A also supports the eyes.
- Folate is a B vitamin, which supports cell division, the production of DNA, and genetic material. Folate deficiency in pregnant women can lead to complications with pregnancy, including premature birth, low birth weight, or the birth defect spina bifida.
- Phosphorus works with calcium to build strong bones and teeth.
- Magnesium helps enzymes function and relaxes the muscles in your body. It works with calcium to build tissue.
- Potassium is an electrolyte that helps your heart beat regularly. It supports nerve function and helps your muscles contract normally. Potassium also helps your cells to move, and utilize, nutrients efficiently. It minimizes the negative impact of sodium (salt) on the body.
In the cart page, please indicate your preferred delivery date and time under special remarks. E.g. 10 Dec 2020 12pm-2pm
The time slots we have are:
6pm-8pm (surcharge of $20)